Ultra portable PEMF system
Omnium1 – Ultra Portable PEMF Mat System
Made by the same quality Swiss manufacturer as the iMRS Prime, the Omnium1 is the most portable full-body, fully-configured PEMF system on the market. Powered by an internal, replaceable (in the latest v2.0 model) lithium battery, it’s an obvious choice for people who would like to move their system around the house or office (away from wall sockets and without having to plug and unplug it all the time). It’s also best for those who travel a lot and want to carry it with them.
It manages this by using a custom-made tablet pc as its control unit, with a large, long-lasting battery that gives a week or two of use in between charges. Plus a whole-body mat that folds down into half the space of the iMRS Prime mat, and local applicators for smaller body areas. The whole system fits into a small gym/duffel bag measuring 57cm x 31cm x 17cm. Fully packed, it weighs just 5 kg.
It’s also extremely easy to use: you can either touch two on-screen dials to set the duration and intensity, or choose from five Quick Start buttons: Relaxation, Performance, Activation, Sleep or Regeneration.
Since its release in 2015, the Omnium1 has been steadily upgraded, the most recent changes being a much better software app from February 2020, and an optional hub attachment to keep all the applicators connected at the same time from April 2020.
Our selection of the Omnium1 was based on its ease of use, manufacturer reliability, levels of support, and its range of functions and accessories. The fact that it has an optional sound and light system takes it firmly into the area of deep relaxation where the widest-ranging PEMF benefits tend to be seen.
In addition to its full-body-length mat, the Omnium1 has two applicators for localised zones: a hinging pad that goes up to 70 microTesla, and an optional OmniSpot applicator supplying up to 120 micro Tesla. The Spot wraps around limbs and joints to emit its field simultaneously from two sides.
Omnium1 Systems Components
Omnium1 Control Unit
The Omnium1 uses a custom-made Android tablet pc (about the same size as an iPad Mini, although thicker and heavier) as its control unit, with an integrated lithium battery. One battery charge can power the mat and other applicators for up to five hours when used at the highest intensity.
As you’d expect with a tablet pc, with the Omnium1 you use finger gestures on the tablet screen to choose the applicator, to adjust PEMF intensity and duration, and to choose from five pre-set programs.
Omnium1 Digital Analogue Converter
The DAC is the interface between the digital output of the tablet pc and the analogue input of each of the Omnium1 applicators. It provides an output port for one applicator at a time.
The DAC converter is here shown connected to its optional 3-in-1 connector box which enables one, two or three applicators to be connected at the same time, rather than un-connecting and re-connecting each between treatments.
Omnium1 Whole Body Mat
The main applicator in the Omnium 1 system is a mat measuring 170 cm x 58 cm x 2 cm. This folds down small enough to be carried in a medium-sized backpack, or a sports duffel bag.
Like the iMRS Prime mat, it contains six solid copper coils configured so that the weakest field is at the head end and strongest at the feet. When you lie on the mat, it bathes the body in a pulsed magnetic field with a maximum field strength of 45 microTesla, using a complex triple “sawtooth” signal, and various natural Earth-based frequencies, especially the Schumann Resonance.
The Omnium1 mat offers a wide range of wellness benefits, especially speeding up metabolism, improving circulation and oxygenation, and boosting energy levels and quality of sleep.
When using the body-length mat, the Omnium1’s control program automatically incorporates frequencies for the different brainwave patterns associated with the circadian rhythms of the body, depending on the time of day it is used. These also correspond to the time-of-day organ theory used in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
The cushioned OmniPad contains two of the same copper coils used in the whole body mat. However, as with the OmniSpot (see below) it uses a different, square-wave, signal, the same type of waveform selected by NASA as being especially effective for localised applications. The Pad has a maximum PEMF field of 70 microTesla. Measuring 57 cm x 29 cm x 3 cm, it hinges in the middle, and has an extensible attachment belt.
It can be applied to major areas of the body, such as the head, chest, abdomen, arms and legs, usually at much higher intensities than you would use on the Omnium1’s mat. It is particularly useful for treating stress and tension in the neck, shoulders and lower back, and for supporting the abdominal organs.
Available as part of the Omnium1 Complete system and the Complete Combo is the “OmniSpot” applicator. Measuring 39 cm x 16 cm x 2.5 cm, the Spot consists of two cushioned round pads, each containing a solid copper coil.
These are connected by a strap which allows the device to be strapped around major bones and muscles, and major joints such as ankles, knees, elbows and shoulders.
When the coils are placed opposite each other, they generate a Helmholtz Effect (a homogenous magnetic field), which doubles the effects of the PEMF field in that area.
Like the Pad, the Spot uses the square wave signal found to be excellent for local applications. The OmniSpot is the most powerful applicator available for the Omnium1, with a field intensity of up to 120 microTesla.
The Omnium1’s Sound and Light system helps to melt away stress, and improve emotional balance, mental focus, clarity and productivity — it works like a spa for the brain. The Omnium1’s newly designed Sound and Light system plugs into the control unit, and comprises suede-leather eye-pads, small in-ear headphones, and a built-in music player.
While the mat is bathing your whole body in a rejuvenating field, the OmniBrain helps to increase its effects by producing deeper relaxation and helping you enjoy deeper, more restorative sleep.
Sound and Light systems have been used for decades to produce stress-free, meditative states in which accelerated learning, problem solving and creativity are all significantly increased.
The OmniBrain uses three forms of brainwave “entrainment” and stimulation:
- Flickering lights help the brain move into the Alpha and Theta waves at which the deepest levels of learning, intuition, visualisation and ideation are generally found.
- Binaural beat tones again help the brain move into Alpha and Theta. The brain registers a different tone in each ear and focuses (or entrains) to the mid point between the two frequencies.
- Colour therapy: by pressing a button, you can instantly change the main colour coming from the LED lights, with effects on mood and cognitive performance.
There are also music programmes emphasising beneficial frequencies in the 2-18 Hz range. Like the iMRS Prime, with the OmniBrain you can load your own music or audiobooks (while still using the binaural tones in parallel with it).
Certain types of music and composers, such as Mozart and Bach, are known to stimulate learning and creativity, a process which is greatly boosted by the addition of flickering light and binaural tones. We have experience in this area and can advise you on which types of music will encourage specific effects.
The OmniBrain eyepads use RGB LED lights, which can be adjusted to choose any colour of the light spectrum. Specific colours trigger specific moods, especially when delivered in this way. Background colours are used in many corporate and institutional settings, and the three primary colours are generally considered to have these effects:
- Red gives energy, determination and courage. However, people showing a lot of stress, aggression or nervousness do not tolerate red well.
- Green is refreshing and optimistic, somewhat energising and tolerated by most people without negative side effects.
- Blue is calming and harmonious, promoting balance and empathy, and is tolerated by almost everyone.
Quite apart from stress relief, the OmniBrain can be used in many other ways:
- Do you need to learn a topic or a language quickly?
- Do you use meditation or coaching CD’s?
- Do you do regular work-related problem-solving?
- Do you need a new idea or design to take your work to the next level?
The OmniBrain can help. Imagine using it, not just once in a while but every day, while bathing your whole body in a PEMF field.
The Omnium1 starts at £2526 (including VAT), which is relatively cheap for a quality, full-body PEMF system with this level of portability. We ship worldwide, at prices identical to local distributors, and supply global support. If you need prices for other countries or regions, please call us.
Please note that we often have special offers which give by far the best prices on selected systems. These will usually be shown on the Special offers page but if you give us a call, we’ll confirm what’s available.
Shipping for the Omnium1 systems to the UK with either DHL Express or FedEx costs £186. This is relatively expensive due to regulations on shipping of devices with built-in lithium ion batteries.
If you are located in another country, please ask us for the shipping rates for your country. We will ship from the closest point to you and shipping will not cost any more than if you were buying from a local distributor.
The Omnium1 has a global guarantee covering full exchange of the control unit and applicators, and free shipping back to the customer.
This covers the tablet control unit for one year (the same as Apple supplies on its iPad tablets) and three years on the rest of the system, with the exception of the OmniBrain which is covered for six months. The warranty on the tablet can also be extended for up to two additional years.
Common Questions About the Omnium1
Does it Use Earth-Based Parameters?
Yes, like the iMRS series, the Omnium1 has been designed, as much as possible, to match fields found in Nature, especially Earth’s magnetic field. As a result, it uses the following parameters:
- a sawtooth signal on the mat for general health and systemic treatments, plus a square wave signal on the other applicators
- a bio-rhythm clock means the signal carries different brainwave frequencies for each six hour block in a 24-hour day
- very low, graduated intensities that fall within the range found in Nature, from a low of 0.09 microTesla on the mat at Sensitive setting to a maximum of 120 microTesla using the OmniSpot
- the same very low frequencies found in Nature: from 0.5 Hz to 28 Hz
How portable is it?
The greatest attraction of the Omnium1 is its sheer portability — it is probably the most portable whole-body PEMF system on the market today (one or two competitors do exist but we’ve tried them out and their designs and materials give no confidence they would withstand the forces of regular travel).
The body-length mat of the Omnium1 is robust yet relatively thin and folds along a central seam and two side seams. This produces a small foot-print so that it can fit inside a tote shoulder bag or large backpack. In addition, the tablet’s replaceable, rechargeable internal battery makes it extremely easy to move it around from one building or country to another, or within a house or office.
Is it Easy to Use?
The Omnium1 has been designed for particularly easy operation. There are five Quick Start buttons on the left side of the tablet screen, making it very easy to start a session without having to think about what settings to use. These can be over-ridden using two slider dials for session duration and intensity, and three further buttons give a choice between the three applicators (mat, pad and spot). Connecting the system’s main parts (tablet, DAC and applicators) is also fast and easy but we strongly recommend the addition of the 3-in-1 box that means you can keep one to three applicators plugged in at the same time.
How Do the Omnium1 and iMRS Prime Compare?
Both the iMRS Prime and Omnium1 are effective, well-designed systems manufactured by the same company. There are various considerations in deciding between them, and we’ll be happy to discuss these with you in the context of your own health situation and lifestyle. However, here are some general tips:
- Both systems are portable, but the Omnium1 definitely has the edge, both at home and when traveling. The iMRS Prime mat folds into thirds, which is small enough to fit into a large shoulder bag. The much thinner Omnium1 mat folds into sixths, small enough to fit into a medium-sized duffel bag. The Omnium1 also runs off either mains power or for several days at a time off its rechargeable battery.
- Omnium1 systems are a little cheaper, starting at £2526 (including VAT) vs £3250 for the iMRS Prime.
iMRS Prime advantages:
- Both systems use strong, durable materials and construction but every part of the iMRS Prime uses higher-grade materials. Being more physically robust should mean that the Prime’s useful lifetime is longer. This is especially true of the Prime’s connection cables, plugs and sockets, which are (in our opinion, based on closeup comparisons) some of the best in the PEMF industry. It’s also true of the control units, connector box/DAC units, and brain entrainment devices inside each system.
- The iMRS Prime has a longer warranty: three years on the control unit, mat and pad, extendable to five years, while the Omnium1 carries one year on the control unit, extendable to two years, and three years on the mat and pad.
- The iMRS Prime mat is much more cushioned and therefore more comfortable to lie on.
- The iMRS Prime uses a more advanced and powerful processor and programming system than the Omnium1. In addition to its multiple input and output ports, this makes it much more future-proofed for new applications and functions.
- The iMRS Prime’s Sense bio-feedback accessory is very useful for coaching the central nervous system into long-term improvements in heart rate variability, for stress relief and cardiovascular health. This turns the whole system into a bio-feedback loop. Unlike its predecessor on the old iMRS system, it also measures the user’s blood oxygenation levels and records a huge amount of data that can be stored and analysed to monitor the user’s response to stress and other stimuli.
- The iMRS Prime’s Expert and Hybrid versions include the iGuide database of conditions with the optimal settings for each. This is very useful for large families and for therapists treating people with a large range of issues.
- The iMRS Prime’s Expert and Hybrid versions can also run two applicators at the same time for local areas (like both knees), or two mats offering simultaneous treatments for two different users.
- The iMRS Prime’s Hybrid version combines PEMF with Far Infra Red for a valuable hybrid energy field, further stimulating blood circulation and inducing even greater relaxation.
- The iMRS Prime’s Trial version can generate any type of PEMF signal.